Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

To my faithful followers!

It has been quite some time since I have last dropped a note, but now that Christmas break is here I have some time to get down to the dirty dirty and let you all know what the skinny is! 

First and foremost, I am so grateful for the journey of pregnancy and I cannot wait for it to be over! In 12 days my baby (maybe) will be here, and the beautiful person that I have transformed into has filled me with confidence that I will be an amazing mother. As I recount the steps that I took to get where I am today, and as I can nostalgically look back and realize how far that I have come I give myself a huge pat on the back; if you all have learned anything from me and my "struggle" I hope it's that you can overcome adversity with a little elbow grease and a positive attitude. 

As I approach giving birth and following in the foot steps of many of my sisters, I am reminded of the rite of passage I am passing through; women have been the vessel of physical life since the beginning of time, and I am now making the journey into womanhood. One of the documentaries that pushed me to give birth naturally and NOT in a hospital was The Business of Being Born; just like everything else in the world, things got mixed up and throughout the past 200 years giving birth has gone from something women do naturally to something women now use tons of medicine to get through. As a true nature girl I was already in the mindset of honoring birth on a sacred level, and watching the documentary (done by Rikki Lake) only confirmed my beliefs. Birth is probably as close to death someone can get while living, and being a woman I get to experience it. I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR. Natural birth is the way to go, and after I give birth I will write a blog on my experience. 

on another note. 

Massage therapy school and interacting with people who aren't very much like me but I still have to tolerate them have taught me three of the most important lessons anybody and everybody needs to learn this lifetime. 

compassion: Anger needs compassion in order to manifest into love. The lower vibrations need this loving, positive vibration in order to heal. I have grown and moved into this space of fully practicing compassion for myself, having a sense of understanding of the emotions that I feel and loving them, forgiving them, and letting them go. 

always being true to me: I walked into that classroom one person, and I have grown so much into the person that I have always been/need to be. Somewhere along the way in these last five months it stopped mattering what anybody else thought about me, it only mattered who I was on the inside; once I started allowing that girl to come out the easier it got to allow everyone else around me to be who they were. 

integrity: acting with honest intent is probably one the greatest lessons that I have learned. It brings me closer with the source more and more each day when I am able to fully express what my intentions are, and honestly speak. 

Have more gratitude, and you will see more results. Give more love and you will receive more love, giving and receiving are the same thing. The next time I write I will have a sweet precious baby girl in my arms. 

Until Next Time, 

-Olivia 


No comments:

Post a Comment