Thursday, April 25, 2013

summer shenanigans

Well folks, as everyone is wrapping up with their finals at the University here in Chatty, I'm preparing to go on TV with my mother. My summer shenanigans are starting off with a huge bang! I'm going to be going on the Judge Mathis Show with mother dearest; you see there was this house that I really wanted back when I was 19, and mama got it for me. Too bad her silly daughter (i.e. me) didn't know what the fuck she was doing, and proceeded to not pay the rent... needless to say mama lost about 3000$, and she is now suing me on national television to get her money back.
If you don't know how these silly judge shows work I'll let you in on the skinny: 1. All expenses are paid, including meals, (and probably booze) room and broad, and travel. 2. There is a 5000$ pool of money set aside for the case, and once the judge has ruled the case, the plaintiff gets his/her money, and whatever is left over of the pool of 5000$ is split between the plaintiff and defendant. That's right folks, I'm getting paid to go air my dirty laundry. Why not do it? I'm not embarrassed, and who knows my 15 minutes of fame may get me a hell of a lot more good publicity than I may even know.
In other news, Bonnaroo is in 55 days, and my free ticket is on it's way. :) I'm stoked to see The XX, Passion Pit, and Matt & Kim! Last year was a total shit show, and I will NOT be making the same mistakes I did last year.
Things you DON'T do at Bonnaroo in order to have the best experience: IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO GET SHITFACE DRUNK WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE FESTIVAL EVEN STARTS. Be careful when you buy drugs, because they're not what you think they are... ever. If you're going just to get fucked up, you might as well just stay your ass home. That's what I did last year, and I remember waking up in my friends car to him saying "hey dude, you're home..." I rubbed my eyes, and said "nah dude, i'm still at bonnaroo..." He pulled me up. "Is that not your house right there?" The last thing I remember is playing slap the bag with some kids, and walking to the Phish so... I was later told that I passed out on some dudes backpack for the whole concert.
Needless to say, this year is going to be a hell of a lot different for me- as an experienced rooer', I'm going to take all the precautions I need in order to actually SEE my favorite bands, rather than pass out at their shows.
In more professional news, I will be taking summer classes at UTC. I have officially (finally, really) become a communications major. The department is already in love with my worldly views, and I can't wait to start writing for The Echo and fulfill my dreams of being a journalist. There is something to expressive about writing; it's mysterious really. Sure, people who read my blog know me, but when I write I become a different person- a character that I created specifically for this. Maybe I watched a little to much Smallville when I was a kid, but I've always dreamed of working at a newspaper with a man just as beautiful as Clark Kent. Once you start allowing your true essence to create, everything falls into place. Needless to say, I'm excited for summer- many great thing are happening, and I'm beginning to thrive. Thank you so much to everyone out there who has supported me in my journey thus far, life is good, and so are you guys!
Until next time,
-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment