Wednesday, January 15, 2014

baby luck :)

Am I seriously the luckiest person in the world?

So Iris is 3 weeks and one day old, and this transition into motherhood has been fucking great. I use the F word to emphasize how truly blessed I am that I have the most awesome new born in the world. I know what you're thinking, "everybody says that about their kid", but let me tell you, she is just SO well behaved already and it's only been three weeks.

*she has only cried for a matter of five minutes at a time and it's only when she is hungry, gassy/poopy, tired, or needs something.

*MOST of the time she sleeps for me, and I still get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.

*she eats like a champion, and totally has respect for when I need to take care of myself before I can take care of her... EX: I was feeding one day early on, and it was one of the first times that I was alone with her at the house; my nipples were SO sore and I just needed to take a shower, so I stopped feeding (and she didn't even fuss) and I told her in words "Mommy needs to take care of herself first, and then she can finish taking care of you". I brought the swing into the bathroom and I hopped in the shower. She sat there and stayed calm and just stared around the bathroom, giving me just enough time to relax myself and wash my body, then when I was done and she was tired of waiting she fussed and I got out. Perfect timing.

*SHE IS SO AWARE. Think about the most aware baby you could probably have, and that's my child.

*when I get frustrated for even a second she notices, fusses, and I realize that she can feel me and I instantly climb back up to the vibration it was on.

This is just my theory, but I am beginning to believe that all of the pre-natal yoga I did, pre-natal meditation I did, and just working really hard on myself rubbed off on her and she is just so pleasant to be around. I feel like she knows that I'm doing this alone and she is making it as easy as possible for me, also because I am taking the time to make my life easy as possible. When you're vibrating on grattitude, love, peace, joy, harmony, and passion life is SO easy, success is right around the corner, and the day to day routine is something enjoyable rather than dreadful. It's true what they say about kids, they know/are very connected to mother, and when something is good, they are good, and when something is "bad" (although I don't believe in bad anymore), they are "bad".

If this is the first three weeks of my kid's life, I can't wait to see the rest of it. It's amazing that I get to know this person a WHOLE lifetime. :) I get to see her grow from the tiniest to the biggest, and what an amazing journey this will be. It's amazing how much you can know about someone who can't even tell you who they are yet... and it's kind of weird that we start of knowing nothing about ourselves, but our mother's know every inch of who we are/how we will be.

I am so thankful for this wonderful, amazing miracle my little girl is. She is so filled with understanding and compassion for the world. My favorite thing to do with her is kiss her... and when I kiss her she makes the same face her dad made when I kissed him. I am happy that I loved the person I made a child with... that just makes it even easier.

I have come such a long way from the girl I was to the woman I am today, and I am truly thankful for my past self for working so hard, sooo hard to get where she is. She took out her sword and fought all the dragons without an ounce of doubt. You rock, now the warrior in me is learning how to be gentle  and kind in all the ways of the world, and as she proceeds on her journey to excellence, she knows that all is right in her and goddess Iris' world.

Peace, Love, Joy, and Gr attitude

Until Next Time,

-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment